Thursday, May 16, 2013

Zone 31 - Culture of Christ

     In thinking about Lisanne's training last week about our culture and the further discussions in zone meeting, Zone 31 has begun our quest for culture! And what is a more fitting place for discussion about our "home" culture than the home page!

     We'll be collectively creating a Zone Culture goal next week in zone meeting that will be pulled from the following qualities, traits, and principles that were suggested this past week.

*Ministering (A way of life, not a mode.)
*They will become what you say of them - so help them with that vision
*Patience in all things
*Obedience
*Examples of Christ
*Giving opportunities to lead and become
*100% Responsiblity for all
* Spirit is 1st Priority in

For Zone 31, this week you'll be thinking about how these can be formed into 1 or 2 solid goals that we'll set together. You'll also make specific plans for how to apply these in your teaching this week. Please post your specific plans in the comments below, and we'll follow-up with each other next week in Zone Meeting!

Love y'all! :)


7 comments:

  1. Kyle Lyons:
    The two cultural traits I want to focus on are the first and seventh.
    Ministering- a way of life and 100% responsibility for all.

    These two items go hand in hand to me because the first has to do with energy I put into living the gospel in my own life and th second is a way the Lord allows me to know what to change.

    My goals for each are such:
    Ministering
    1. I will seek revelation each day in my personal study of something I can change to be a better minister and apply it in my teaching. (I'll be studying

    100% responisbility
    1. After each class I am going to evaluate what experience the missionaries had and what I can do to help them have a more powerful one in the next class. I will not make any excuses or try to blame anything else (i.e. in-field, P-day, th missionaries leaving soon, etc.) rather I will faith that, regardless of the situation, there is some way to help them be taught by the Holy Ghost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goals for the week will be for ministering as a way of life, and maintaining the spirit as first priority.

    To do this I will be praying daily and specifically to seek ways to minister and study daily to understand the examples of ministering in the scriptures.

    To strive for the spirit as first priority I will evaluate as I plan each activity how I will invite the spirit. Then focus on keeping it throughout as a facilitator. And finally evaluating why the spirit was or was not present in activities and how I can develop my ability to invite it more readily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goals will be to focus on ministering as a way of life and not a mode and also having the spirit as the 1st priority.

    My plans to implement these goals are:
    1. For my ministering goal I will focus on having ministering opportunities outside of the MTC each day so that I can make it a habit of life and not just a switch that I turn on when I go to the MTC.
    2. In order to have the Spirit as first priority I will ask missionaries (and myself) to always pray that we may be receptive to the Spirit before, during and after each portion of class. So that it can be "that which me most desire."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ray Hermann
    Goals:
    I plan to find examples of how Christ ministered to others and use that as an example for me in my teaching. So really focusing on ministering and striving to be an example of Christ.
    How:
    1. read more about how Christ ministered to others and pull out examples that stood out to me and use that in my teaching in some way.
    2. focus on a christlike attribute this week throughout my time at the MTC and in my daily life.
    3. Praying daily for me to be able to able to find ways to grow my faith in ministering and having christlike attributes

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Goals:
    1) I will pray daily for how I can be more obedient and become like Christ by living the little (and big)things better. There's always room for improvement.
    2) I want to build up the missionaries to let them develop great trust and confidence in their calling! In class each day share scriptures with them about who they are that will help them to understand more and trust in their calling as representatives of Jesus Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be focusing on:
    1.) Ministering: a way of life, not a mode.
    2.) Having the Spirit be the first priority.

    I will do this by recognizing any changes that I make when I come to the MTC. If there is any part of my life that is different in my "outside life," then I will change it. This will also be encouraged in the classroom. Who are the missionaries becoming? "Much more important than what you do is who you are" (PMG Ch. 6).
    The Spirit will become a large focus in the prayers in the classroom and in my personal prayers. The "teacher" should be the Holy Ghost. I will look for opportunities to point out the Holy Ghost to the missionaries so that they will be able to recognize it in their teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zone friends!

    I am so stoked for all of your ministering goals! I love how they extend beyond the MTC! What power will come to all of your lives! I love working with you! You enrich my life! thank you for your prime examples, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete